The MMGH team is composed by:
Stefano Malvolti, Managing Director and Co-Founder
- Lives in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Spent last 20 years in designing strategies and policies that address health issues and taking care of translating them into programs and interventions particularly suited for developing countries.
- Established and managed complex enterprises, projects and teams in private and public health (MMGH, Univac, Gavi, Novartis, PATH, Baxter).
- Studied at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and at Bocconi University.
- Is convinced that only a mix of vision, collaboration, knowledge, ethics and technology can make the difference.
Carsten Mantel, Managing Director and Co-Founder
- Lives in Berlin, Germany
- Spent more than 30 years in prevention and control of communicable diseases with focus on vaccines and immunization.
- Worked as a primary care physician in Europe and Africa, at the Humboldt University in Berlin, and the WHO’s Expanded Programme on Immunisation. Collaborates with the Robert Koch Institute.
- He qualified in Medicine and obtained a doctoral degree at Ludwig-Maximilians University and holds a Master of Public Health from Harvard School of Public Health.
Thomas Cherian, Managing Partner
- Lives in Geneva, Switzerland
- He played a central role in immunisation and vaccine-preventable diseases with special focus on policy development, roll out of new vaccines in low and middle-income countries and establishment of surveillance networks .
- In his 17 years at the department of Immunization, Vaccines & Biologicals at WHO held various leadership positions such as Coordinator for Implementation Research and Coordinator of the Expanded Programme on Immunisation and played a pivotal role in the development of the Global Vaccine Action Plan.
- Prior to joining WHO, was a Professor of Pediatrics at the Christian Medical College in Vellore.
- He is a medical doctor, specialized in Pediatric Infectious Diseases. He trained at the Christian Medical College in Vellore and at the Johns Hopkins University.
Melissa Ko, Managing Partner
- Lives in La Roche-sur-Foron, France
- Fifteen years of experience, with the last 8 in a variety of roles in leading public health organisations (Gavi, World Health Organisation, Clinton Health Access Initiative) coordinating programs and leading various analytical and forecasting efforts.
- Has coordinated the Pneumonia and Rotavirus operational working group, the Typhoid vaccine subgroup and has been member of the Global Task Force on Cholera Control
- Studied at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and at Emory University
Melissa Malhame, Senior Advisor
- Lives in Albany, California
- Spent more than 20 years in in market shaping, policy, regulatory, strategy and commercial roles in global public and private health at Gavi, Merck and Dynavax
- She is a world-wide expert in market shaping and procurement and a member of the Center for Global Development working group on the Future of Global Healthcare Procurement
- Studied at Cornell University and Lafayette College
MMGH consulting has established collaborations with selected Experts to be able to deliver the best quality service across multiple domains and in more complex and large projects:
Angela Hwang, Senior Advisor
- Lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, USA
- Set and executed investment strategies for impact and equity over 10 years at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, particularly in immunization and respiratory diseases
- Deep roots in biopharmaceuticals, focusing on quality and regulatory affairs
- Degrees from University of California at Berkeley and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MMGH is also collaborating with Partner Agencies that are specialised in different and complementary domains:
Routes to Results
Routes2Results is a not for profit public health market research organisation that aims to improve public health through partnered, collaborative research; building and adding to the current knowledge and understanding by bridging the gap between people and science.
Leveraging the established knowledge and experience of Moushira El-Sahn, socio-behavioural market research expert and Jeff Lucas, Sub Saharan African market research and Public Health expert, Routes to Results complements MMGH projects in the field of market and operational research.
Solutio Partners is a consulting paractice specialising in drug development, CMC and regulatory consulting for small and emerging companies. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the industry and scientifically trained partners provide strategic and hands-on services for all phases of development.
Core to Soutio Partners’ approach is that solutions go beyond the technical; harnessing people, relationships and talent is integral to successful outcomes. The agency hands-on approach and established expertise in integrating science and people minimize the effort and maximise the achievement of the desired outcome.
© MMGH Consulting GmbH, last update: January 2019